In just a few hours, I will be sitting down at a Thanksgiving Day feast, my heart and stomach filled to the brim. How will I feel next year at this time, surrounded by an overwhelming population, with the stench of poverty, death, and disease becoming all too familiar? And so I must reflect...
- I am thankful for the love of my wonderful Creator.
- I am thankful for my husband-the greatest gift I've been given on this earth.
- I am thankful for my two children who daily teach me far more than I could ever teach them.
- I am thankful for all of my family and friends who offer to me supporting hands and encouraging hearts.
- I am thankful for everyone who has partnered with Mel and me through prayer and finances to make our dreams a reality.
- I am thankful for the sound of my kids singing "Jesus Loves Me" at the top of their lungs, and that they truly understand the words.
- I am thankful my kids have beds to sleep upon, where their innocent dreams are held in safe keeping.
- I am thankful girls in Southern Asia are finding lives outside of brothels.